Senior Financial Analyst – Legal Organisation , City of London – Permanent - £75,000
We are supporting our client in their search for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their London team.
A minimum of three years' experience in legal, or related financial planning and analysis role.
As a member of the organisation’s Pricing Team, the Senior Financial Analyst will function the primary legal pricing professional in our London office, while reporting to the Director of Pricing and Practice Analysis that is based out of America.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work directly with attorneys to develop pricing strategies, create innovative fee structures, and implement analytics and reporting to measure success.
- Pricing - Partner with attorneys to develop legal pricing strategies and fee structures that drive sector growth. Help train attorneys on legal pricing best practices, assessing and tracking alternative fee arrangement risks, and communicating client value.
- Profitability - Respond to attorney requests for internal metrics by developing financial models to assess the profitability of new business proposals. Assist in the development of creative, workable pricing solutions using alternative fee arrangements.
- Practice Analysis - Prepare and communicate analysis of practice and office specific and firm wide monthly financial reports (i.e., working attorney productivity reports, key performance indicator reports, client and attorney reports, etc.) and work directly with attorneys and management to enhance business management through financial analyses and assisting with business plans. Analyse data using Analysis Services cube solutions and data visualization applications.
- Industry Knowledge - Lead research of industry rate setting trends and fee arrangement structures and analysis of local market survey data to grow the firm’s understanding of UK and European and (other non-US markets) legal pricing practices and enhance our team processes.
- Best Practices - Lead individual and group attorney training sessions as needed. Actively promote the Firm’s business intelligence software applications, tools and matter management techniques.
- Business Development - Support attorneys with budgeting and pricing related aspects of RFPs and client fee arrangement negotiations. Collaborate with Marketing to construct client budgets, rate structures, and alternative fee arrangements and pricing solutions that maximize client value and firm profitability.
- Prior experience with business intelligence applications (such as Big Square), report writing software, and law firm accounting systems (such as Aderant) preferred.
Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Experience with dashboard and data visualization tools: SSRS, Power-User, Tableau, Power BI Suite preferred