Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager Chelmsford/Home Counties £70,000+Exc Bens
International Marine Engineering Specialist seek a dynamic and experienced QS/Commercial Manager to manage the project life cycle, providing business and contract management support with the ability to identify and minimise commercial contract risk to protect and increase revenue streams across the business unit.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to implement successful contract strategy for all projects with the business
- Ensure robust cost management providing live forecasting, reporting on actual costs vs estimates to maximise margins
- Providing support to the procurement process, pre-award and post-award
- Lead contract commercial reviews, identifying and making recommendation to minimise commercial risk at the earliest possible time.
- Managing risk and ensuring first class corporate governance by collaborating with Bids, Sales, Legal and Project Delivery teams
- Work closely with the legal team to provide contractual advice and guidance to procurement to ensure the contracting chain operates effectively
- Accurate and stringent financial reporting, project profit & loss, assist with auditing and contract reviews
The successful candidate must have proven track record delivering high value projects on time to budget with excellent commercial accounting and contract negotiation skills. Good working knowledge in contract Management including FIDIC, LOGIC, NEC3 contracts
Ideal if you are experience in construction, telecoms, engineering or renewables. Also suitable for a Commerical or Contract Accountant wanting a more diverse role with career opportunities.