Our client, a prestigious, National & established Law Company based in Birmingham near Birmingham Moor Station, are now seeking a Practice Assistant to join their team.
You are going to be part of a very well established and busy corporation, providing support to the Fee Earners in this busy Assistant position.
The ideal candidate should possess solid experience working within professional services within a support function, be able to juggle multiple tasks at once and be highly organised.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients and dealing with basic client queries as appropriate
- Manage the production of documents and check returned work produced by the Shared Services team/speech recognition for accuracy/formatting, before it is passed to the relevant lawyer
- Support fee earners in business development activities including the involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations, scheduling meetings e.g. tenders, directories, internal client
- Work with business development managers on the maintenance of CRM to ensure key client contacts are in Interaction and ‘bounce-backs’ e.g. contacts with rejected email addresses are reviewed, updated or archived from system
- Assisting in the organisation of internal and external events, seminars and conferences (vulture)
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up-to date, anticipating requirements e.g. associated travel/accommodation bookings, meeting rooms, drafting itineraries, preparing agendas, preparing and circulating papers
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
- First point of contact for the team, dealing with queries and acting on initiative to provide exceptional client service, promoting and developing ownership within the teams
- Assisting in the tender process – liaising with Business Development, collating outstanding information, assisting with draft/final submissions.
- Arrange for the preparation and collation of internal sector newsletters and briefings
- Arrange photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes etc.
- Assist fee earners and business development for client and event billing and credit control process
- Responsible for the completion of complex billing; ensuring bills are prepared to the highest
- standards of accuracy and it’s undertaken within the team in accordance with the contractual requirement
- Experience within Legal or Professional Services
- High levels of administrative experience including excellent diary management skills
- High levels of communication skills
- Confident and approachable
- Advanced skills in all MS including Excel
Paying £23-25K to start as soon as possible.