Permanent – Welfare and Housing Assistant - Job Share – Part Time 17.5 hours per week - £11,200 per annum – Charitable Organisation – Based East London
We are supporting our client to source a Welfare and Housing Assistant in a part time, job share arrangement.
The Welfare and Housing Assistant is required to provide an accurate and timely administrative service in all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Welfare and Housing department.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that residents who need additional care, support or supervision maintain their rooms, live safely, and can access services that help them to live independently.
Experience required :
- Providing welfare advice from more than one of the following key areas: debt, housing, benefits, disability or mental health, vulnerable Adults
- Managing a complex caseload, with a variety of wellbeing and health needs
- Experience assessing care needs and ensuring the correct support is in place
- Experience assessing when to signpost and when referrals should take place.
- Understanding of tenancy/housing management law and practice (including welfare benefits) and any other relevant legislation
- Have knowledge of the benefits system and recent and forthcoming changes
- Ensure that Residents understand and comply with the Company Conditions of Residence, and any breaches of the Licence Agreement are dealt with appropriately in liaison with the Welfare and Housing Manager.
- Assist service users to understand their rights and responsibilities with regards to welfare benefits and assist them in making claims so that they receive all relevant entitlements.
- Provide practical help for residents with regards to accessing personal grants on their behalf as appropriate (e.g. Tower Hamlets, SSAFA, Shipwrecked Mariners’ Society, Seafarer’s Hospital Society, Royal Seamen’s Pension Fund, Civil Service Benevolent Fund etc.).
- Liaise with external agencies and organisations (e.g. Housing Benefit, DWP, Social Services, Doctors, SSAFA, SAIL etc.) to provide practical assistance to residents as required.
- Assist the Welfare and Housing Manager with the referrals process and follow the Company policy and procedure with regards to admissions.