My client are a long standing and established Charity based in Docklands who pride themselves highly on their culture fit and the service they provide to their residents and their guests.
Are you a friendly, proactive and hardworking Night Duty Assistant/Manager looking for a new challenge? Do you have a caring and warm nature and love to provide a 5* service to any visitor or guest within a business?
I am currently recruiting a Casual Night Assistant/Manager, who will take control and accountability for the residents during the night and the building. You will be working closely alongside the facilities teams getting involved in various tasks and be accountable for the cleaning of the building during the evening.
Duties include but not limited to:
- To be the responsible person in charge of the building always during the night.
- Ensure that efficient handovers are completed from one shift to the next.
- Ensure that the reception desk is always manned .
- Check the handover book for any messages and ensure any actions that have been requested are carried out.
- Ensure that all elements of customer care, cleaning, and quality control are evident in every operational situation (catering, reception, maintenance, welfare) during the shift.
- Ensure that all monies (restaurant, service charge, reception, coffee shop) are received, checked and secured in the duty manager filing cabinet.
- Ensure departments are properly staffed and arrange cover where needed and as appropriate.
- Provide administrative assistance to all departments as required; e.g. invoice recording, completion of weekly & monthly sales monitors, printing sandwich labels, “daily specials” posters, lunch/dinner sales log forms etc.
- Assist with the storage and archiving within the company which will include checking and monitoring the baggage room and donations room to ensure they are kept tidy and items are being disposed of as required.
- Prepare statistical data for the management team as requested.
- Collate end of year statistics using the SPM database.
- Ensure that the cleaning duties are carried out by the Assistant Night Duty Manager to the required standard.
- Report any maintenance issues on the helpdesk.
- In the absence of the Assistant Night Duty Manager ensure the Coffee Shop is open between 9:30pm and 11:00pm.
- Experience of working at night is essential
- Previous experience of working as a night porter/manager essential
- Experience with cleaning is essential
- Good understanding of health and safety
- Excellent communication skills
IMPORTANT: This is a casual contract, cover annual leave an sickness paying £11.20ph to start immediately