ISS Specialist – Legal Organisation – Based London or Southampton – or remote working – Salary £30 – £40,000.
We are looking for candidates with significant Patent record and formalities experience, with experience of using Inprotech – to undertake the role of ISS Specialist.
- Processing work to a high complexity level in their allocated work team and to a medium complexity level in additional work teams including:
- Actioning incoming correspondence (hard copies, email and EPO electronic mailbox) and scanning and saving to the correct location within the firm’s document management system.
- Updating the firms IP portfolio management system to record details of IP cases and key information from correspondence, including official due dates.
- Monitoring both internal and official due dates and ensuring necessary tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Producing high quality written communication, including internal correspondence and correspondence to clients and external agents.
- Preparing, filing, renewing and validating patent, trade-mark, design (and other IP rights) applications and registrations. This will involve dealing with the Patent/Trade-Mark office either directly, via foreign agents or via intermediaries.
- Learning and processing work to a high complexity level in a 2nd work team and low to medium complexity work within a 3rd work team and gaining the experience of each process to fully demonstrate competency in each task.
- Extensive experience of working in an IP support function, ideally gained within an IP attorney firm. Including
- Maintaining Case Records and Deadlines
- Processing official correspondence from the EPO, UKIPO, WIPO, EUIPO (RCDs and/or EUTMs) and correspondence forwarded from foreign associate firms.
- Handling and forwarding incoming correspondence from clients and foreign associate firms.
- Checking and QA of above work initially processed by other individuals.
- Demonstrable delivery and commitment to quality of service, along with the desire to continually seek further improvement.
Excellent working knowledge of patent, design and/or trade mark formalities, ideally with CIPA/CITMA Administrator’s Certificate/s.
In depth understanding of IP portfolio management systems (ideally Inprotech), including some understanding of how underlying these systems are configured with underlying rules.
Document management systems (ideally iManage).
Good understanding of the inherent risks within the management of IP and of ways to mitigate these.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including to contacts within key client accounts.
Proven ability to work to deadlines and under pressure