Director of International Scholarship Programme (upto 1 year FTC)
WC1 Up to £68,000+Bens
Internationally recognised Higher Education Membership Body seek an experienced Leader/Manager to join their Directorship team. You will be working very closely with a major stakeholder, the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) to lead a very prestigious, global scholarship programme, so experience in international higher education is essential along with proven experience of delivering high value/high-profile commercial contracts to government. advising the FCDO on how policy will impact on strategy and objectives for the programme and representing the scholarship programme at ministerial, national and international meetings.
- To work in association with the FCDO, Embassies and High Commissions worldwide
- Ensure objectives of the scholarship programme run smoothly online throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure scholars still continue to receive a first-class experience.
- Oversee the Secretariat, across all functions, including marketing, recruitment, the application and assessment process, welfare and immigration pre and on award, data protection, scholar engagement, alumni relations, partnership development, talent acquisition, monitoring and evaluation
- Leading a team of 50 to ensure the smooth running of this international scholarship programme
- Managing, coaching and setting direction for the Secretariat’s leadership team
- Policy implementation for the secretariat and in conjunction with the shared values across the larger organisation to enhance excellence and maximise value for money
- To ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to meet contract budgets
- To provide forecasting to ascertain programme spend and to secure funding from FCOD and other commercial stakeholders
- Attend all governance meetings relating to the programme
- To provide comprehensive and accurate quarterly reporting on contract performance
- Setting strategic direction and operational management to improve performance and meet KPIs
- Ensuring a world-class experience for scholars
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience of working within international Higher Education and or International Government
- Experience of international relations & foreign policy and an understanding of scholarships programmes in order to maintain and develop policies.
- Experience of marketing and developing new partnerships or funding streams
- Experience of managing large or complex budgets
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, to present and influence international stakeholders