Permanent – General Catering Assistant – 20 hours per week – Rota basis to cover 7 days per week - £11,500 per annum – Charitable Organisation – East London
We are supporting one of our clients to source two Catering Assistants to work on a rota basis, to cover days/evenings/weekends for 20 hours per week.
You must have a Food and Hygiene Certificate.
As a Catering Assistant you will be required to provide general assistance in the restaurant and kitchen area. You will be responsible for the hygiene and cleanliness within food preparation areas. You will be also responsible for assisting the Cook for carrying out basic food preparation tasks, such as washing and peeling food. Excellent customer service would be essential part of this role
Duties are :
- Prepare the serving area for all meals and serve food and beverages to residents and staff in the restaurant.
- Work on the till when required.
- Ensure that all deliveries are stored in compliance with HAACP regulations and stock is rotated.
- Check all food deliveries agree with the advice note / invoice.
- Take the temperature of meat and frozen goods on arrival, check bread and milk orders daily and ensure that no dry food packages or tins are damaged.
- Keep kitchen tables and shelving clean, and maintain a clean environment around the serving area, washing machine and general area up to the back stairs at all times.
- Fulfil cleaning duties as allocated on the cleaning rota, and as required. Duties include mopping floors, hoovering carpets, and cleaning sinks, fan grills, steel walls, food stores, ovens, fryers, fridges empty and clean rubbish bins.
- Cash up the restaurant each day and hand takings in to the Accounts Office / Duty Manager, ensuring money is agreed and signed for, and the correct float is left in the till.
- During closing, clear the counter, lock the pantry, ensure all lights are switched off and windows are closed, and lock the restaurant door.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.