So you have a lot of great content out on your social media sites right? Are you not getting the audience you engagement you were expecting? Well, are you uploading at the correct times?
Let’s jump straight in! Below is all the information you need to help you make progress.
How many times a day should you post? – 1 / 2 posts a day
What is the best time to post? – 1-4/pm
Tools to use? – Canva.com – Buffer.com – Facebook Page Insights
How many times a day should you post? – 5 posts a day
What is the best time to post? – 1-3/pm
Tools to use? – Buffer.com – twitter.com/analytics
How many posts a day? – 1 / 2 posts a day
What is the best time to post? – Anytime (providing you use hashtags)
Tools to use? – Iconosquare.com – Latergramme App – Afterlight App
How many posts a day? – 10 posts a day
What is the best time to post? – 5-11/pm + Saturday/am
Tools to use? – Canva.com – Buffer.com – analytics.pinterest.com
WHAT TO POST?
- Behind-the-scenes photos
- Your produce photos + links
- Questions / polls
- Good content from others
- Offers + Discounts
- Competition announcements
- Events information
- Testimonials / success stories
- Funny snippets from your life (if appropriate)
- Interesting facts
- Sneak peak photos
- Old popular content
There are so many things you can post on social media however, before posting ask yourself – ‘is what I am sharing; useful, interesting, informative, entertaining or will it help my audience to connect with me and/or my brand?
Social Media Top Tips
- Social media is made up of two words, don’t forget to be the first one, social. Interact with your followers by liking and commenting on their posts to.
- Where you can, include an attractive visual element (e.g. a photo, graphic or video) to your posts to increase engagement.
- People aren’t on social media to be sold to but people generally buy people so take a ‘soft sell’ approach and mix promotional posts with more personal and informative content.
- Where you’d like your followers to take action after viewing your post, include on clear call to action to tell them what to do next, otherwise they’ll just carry on scrolling.
- Check your social media analytics to see what is working well for you then do more of that.
I hope this is helpful!