Maternity Contract – 1 year - £30,000 – Regional Executive (Event Planning Management) - Based from home – traveling around the South-East Region
One of our clients – an association linked with the accountancy profession is looking for an individual to join their team who is essentially working from home, however attending events within the South-East region – to be able to drive to the locations is essential.
The overall purpose of the role is to support the delivery of a programme of activity and events to members and external stakeholders locally, to support members in their careers and deliver the association’s through the district society and local connected communities.
Main responsibilities of role
- To raise the standing and profile of members
- To support district society office holders, main committees and active local member groups
- Organising key local events and supporting activities and the local events programme as appropriate.
- To ensure that the association’s strategy is delivered locally, working with both local active members and collaborating with other association’s departments as appropriate.
- To support and provide effective communications between members through the regional team; highlighting issues. ·
- To ensure that timely and accurate reports are submitted as appropriate as well as overseeing the administrative aspects of the District Society.
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs
- Previous experience of event management including event budgets - desirable
- Overall knowledge of the accountancy profession, current affairs and business issues – desirable
- Strong communication skills - Supplier liaison
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Effective promotional ideas and marketing
- Raising sponsorship and working with sponsors
- Organising meetings
- Excellent organisational skills/project management - must be able to multi task.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent administrative skills
- Current drivers licence and access to a vehicle
- Flexibility to travel - around the region and work early morning/evening where required · Team oriented · Self-motivated with ability to work under own initiative · Confident positive attitude - this is a client facing role that needs a professional, enthusiastic, happy person capable of communicating at all levels and presenting themselves in front of clients